Using business as a force for good.
What does it mean to be a Certified B Corporation? ‘B Corp’ is a term that is becoming globally recognized as more and more companies become certified all over the world (there are 1,300+ B Corps amongst 42 countries and growing!). Simply put, B Corps uphold the definition of ‘sustainable business’ and harness their purpose-driven goals within their everyday processes.
Organik SEO was created with a determination to positively impact other businesses and the surrounding community and environment. Starting with owner, Julien Brandt, Organik SEO has collectively grown into an ambitious team committed to cultivating the best solutions for its clients, employees, the community and the planet. Our processes were naturally in line with the mission of the B Corporation, and in 2013 we joined forces with other like-minded companies and became a certified B Corp. We were the one of the first 10 companies in San Diego County to become certified and pleased to see the number growing in our area!
B Corporations meet higher standards of transparency, accountability and performance. To become certified, each company must be assessed by the B Lab and register with the state as a Benefit Corporation. The B Impact Assessment is completed every 2 years and a minimum score of 80 must be reached in order to stay certified.
The success of your business is connected to the people you hire, the companies you work with and the environment you work in. Why not evolve into an empowering business that makes a difference for all? We have seen first-hand the value of becoming certified as a B Corp. Some of the benefits include:
- Building Trust – by being certified, you differentiate your company from your competitors by showing potential clients your commitment to going above and beyond and that you really care.
- Networking – Joining the B Hive community connects you with other innovative leaders and opens up opportunities for more business.
- Attracting Talent – If you are certified, your company most likely provides more benefits and healthier working environments which enables you to attract and hire the best team players.
Want to know more about the process of becoming a certified B Corporation? Check out this B Corp Handbook intro for some quick insights into the process or visit the B Corporation website. We would be happy to chat about being a B Corp in more detail, please contact us with any questions!
Organik SEO’s Annual Benefit Corp Report
What does it mean to be a B Corp?
Here are a few things the B Impact Assessment measures
Governance & Corporate Accountability:
- Mission Statement
- Financial controls & Auditing
- Transparency to employees and the public
- Benefits & Training
- Worker Ownership
- Worker Environment
- Suppliers & Distributors (supporting local and sustainable vendors)
- Job Creation
- Carbon Footprint
- Recycling Practices
- Monitoring energy usage and efforts to minimize waste
Want to work with us?
We love helping established businesses grow and reach their target audience online. Call us today and let’s chat about your online presence.