Because so many people use YouTube to get their news and entertainment, it is important to make sure your business taps into this huge audience. Video optimization is key in order to get more viewers. Follow these tips to help enhance your businesses’ YouTube Channel and Videos:
1. Channel Tags: Add 5 keywords that will describe your channel and make sure they match your businesses’ profile so that you capture the right audience.
2. Modules: Make sure you include at least these three – Commenting, Subscriptions, and Friends.
3. Include your company name in the video and add the word “Video” to end of the video title.
4. Include your company website’s URL in the description and make sure to mention the whole name of your business after the URL. Also add the links to your company’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profile.
5. Tags: Create a few keywords that will describe the content of the video to help boost the search engine results
6. Thumbnail: Pick an appropriate and catching thumbnail to entice viewers.
7. Set the privacy setting to public so everyone can view your video and allow embedding so that they can share your video and increase your exposure.
8. Set your location to the company’s address.
9. Upload a caption file so boost search engine results. Transcribe the video to a .txt file and use periods and commas to signify breaks in the speech or use the annotations feature if there is no speech and include a call to action for your businesses’ website. Make sure the timing is set properly for the annotations to leave enough display time for the caption.
10. Further promote your videos by embedding them into your company’s blog, Facebook profile, Twitter profile, and upload it to TubeMogul.com.