We are happy to give the “Companies That Care” spotlight this week to Jer’s Chocolates, a Solana Beach, CA company that is known as the “Pioneer of Gourmet Peanut Butter & Chocolate”.
The Mission of Jer’s Chocolates is to deliver a fun and memorable experience to each of their customers through delicious, unique products and outstanding service.
Jer’s Chocolates are naturally fresh and absolutely delicious! Jer’s Chocolates delivers fresh from their kitchen to their customers within days after ordering. Their chocolates are hand made in small batches with NO added preservatives or fillers. Jer’s chocolate inventions are backed by their “Double Grin” Guarantee, which assures customers that their confections will be fresh and arrive in perfect condition. They will replace it free of charge if you are not fully satisfied! Jer’s Chocolates’ ingredients are also kosher certified and are manufactured in a facility that complies with dietary and sanitary requirements of Jewish law.
The cool thing about this company is that there really is a Jer behind Jer’s Chocolates. His name is Jerry Swain and he does a whole lot more than just dream up delicious new chocolate combinations for his customers to enjoy. Jer’s Chocolates was founded on the principle of community involvement and giving back. Making peanut butter confections started as a hobby in college for Jerry Swain, and in 2001 he founded Jer’s Chocolates. Since then, Jer’s Chocolates has grown in size and product line but maintains its founding focus: Make delicious, quality products and help people along the way.
Jer volunteers his time all throughout the year using his resources to help non-profit organizations, both on a local and national level. Jer sits on the Board of Directors for the UC Riverside Alumni Association as well as the San Diego Food Bank. His community involvement extends to organizations involving children, health, community issues and many more, as part of his noteworthy Jer’s Cares initiative.
Along with giving chocolate lovers a new addiction, Jer’s Chocolates still holds the value of giving back today. Jer’s Cares was created to assist organizations, charities and groups that work to make a positive difference in their community, across the county and all around the world. Jer’s Chocolates also welcomes new areas and ideas that could potentially be a part of the Jer’s Cares program. Here are some of the areas that Jer’s Cares is involved with:
- Youth & Education – Assist organizations whose focus is to promote healthy, safe and positive lifestyles and learning experiences for children and young adults.
- Health Advocacy and Research – Provide support to those organizations dedicated to disease research and control; as well as those who provide hope and coping tools to individuals and families with health issues or diseases.
- Poverty & Hunger – Helping with organizations who work to alleviate the prevalence of poverty and hunger in their communities.
- Community & Social Services – Promote the efforts of organizations who aim to better the community and its members by providing helpful services and amenities on a small or large scale.
Jer also hosts an annual charity event called Jer’s Chocolate Ball. All the proceeds from this event benefit local San Diego charities including:
- The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- The Boys & Girls Clubs
- The Leukemia Lymphoma Society